Monday, October 17, 2011
Reflection 6
Today I was in class and my professor was a great example of a teacher who understands technology in a classroom. The professor demonstrated this by not having technology as a distraction in the classroom. Whenever the teacher used the smart board he would address the lesson and then quickly transition into the next lesson. Typically the transitioning period would be blackening out the smart board, so that students would not get distracted by the smart board. This is a great way to keep students interested in your lecture, so that you do not get off topic. I believe that technology is advancing the way education is being benefited from students today, but we as future educators need to use these new tools professionally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Drew, I appreciated this post. I agree that it is important for teachers/professors to use their tech effectively, which includes the nuances of knowing what will be distracting to the students. Simple actions like blacking out the board during a transition make a class smooth and focused. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI have experienced teachers and professors who use tech well, and those who do not use it as well. As someone who is easily distracted, I would have greatly appreciated the blacking out of the smart board during transitions. -Camille
ReplyDelete