Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Educational Blog
Today I was surfing the web and I came across Lesley University New Teacher Community blog, which is interesting because I am going to be student-teaching in the next couple of months. This blog is extremely helpful in preparing new teachers before a class because I am in-experience. For example, I enjoyed the 9/11 In Your Classroom post on how to address the anniversary of 9/11 and to be better prepared on how to create a lesson in respecting this important day. The blog addressed to ask your colleagues in your school what they are going to do to recognize 9/11, or to find appropriate lesson plans and resources to teach about heroes, tolerance and peace. I hope this helped on how in-experience teachers need to be better prepared in the classroom, so that our students grow in their learning experiences.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is such a neat idea and I'm glad that you ran into it Drew. The idea of creating a community forum for new teachers at their school is a great way to build resources and tips for teachers. I think lots of schools would benefit from this idea to bring new teachers under their wings. Along with buddy teachers and everything else schools do to try and help their new teachers be successful a place that is easy and fast to look up something could be a life saver in a pinch. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete