Last Friday I made a trip to the outlet stores and visited the Nike store for one specific reason. I was looking for these special shoes that would calculate the number steps you take when running and then calculate the calories you would burn. I thought this is a great way for students to get involved in fitness and the advanced technology that Nike has created we can benefit of encouraging a healthy life. Anyway that technology can help improve or motivate students to create an interest in health is always a number one seller in my mind.
Drew, this sounds like a very expensive way to get students involved. I like the idea of being able to calculate steps and calories burned. access to information like that would greatly benefit anyone trying to get involved in fitness. Maybe down the road they will make other devices that can do the same but at a lower cost.
ReplyDelete-Tatro
Drew,
ReplyDeleteKyle makes a good point. It would be very expensive to get these shoes in every student's size at a particular school, or even in a particular class. However, if a school has the financial means to do so, it would be a wonderful way to get students excited about running!
What a trip - it is amazing how far people are taking technology. I wonder what they will come up with next!
ReplyDelete~JoDee