Sunday, September 25, 2011

Promethean ActivBoard

Interactive Boards have impacted students learning experience in a variety of ways.  The article that I found is 30 Simple Ideas for Interactive Whiteboards and the author lists 30 different ideas how an Interactive board benefits students learning experience.  For instance after reading a book, go to Google Maps and show kids where the story takes place. The active board just doesn't benefit students learning experience, but helps teachers to expand new ways of learning.  For example, go on a field trip without any permission slips, you can this by finding a website that provides virtual tours.  I have learned from reading this article that being creative with technology betters the students learning environment.  If I were to ask one question referring to the active board, How can we require active boards in a Physical Education class?
 

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of going on a field trip within the classroom through a virtual tour online. Showing students the location of where they are reading about is also great and depending on the book as a teacher we could also show videos of the culture of the book topic and interviews of authors concerning the book to give the students more background information so that they can gain a better understanding of the topic and author. In regards to your question in PE it could be used in the same manner that you used it in your presentation and it can also be used to show videos of the proper form to do specific exercise and what can be accomplished by preforming them properly or what can happen by performing them inproperly. There are probably hundreds of ways to use the boards in a PE setting.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. in a classroom. Some of them were so simple I couldn't believe that I hadn't thought of them myself before. I especially liked the tracing activities for young children (abcteach.com is a fantastic website by the way I use it all the time) and scanning in board games to be played as a class on the screen in teams. As for your question, I think that requiring the use of an ActivBoard in PE classes could be very effective in my mind. You could post the rules of the activity in a slide, or use it as a giant timer that can be seen throughout the gym. Also, for older students while learning about sports you would be able to create an interactive way to learn about the rules and strategies of the game. You could also create an interactive calendar that promotes at home physical activity. I think like we have been talking about the use of technology of any kind is only limited to your imagination about the topic at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of being able to have the student go on a digital field trip. This would allow students to go farther than they ever could on a "real" field trip. Also I think having a practical purpose for the board in PE would be hard to pinpoint but there would be a good reason.

    ReplyDelete